Comanche County Emergency Management Collecting Donations for Hurricane Victims [AUDIO]
Chloe Lewis from Comanche County Emergency Management stopped by the KLAW studios to tell our listeners on how the organization is partnering with WalMart, Life’s Hope, Cache Road Square and the Lawton community to help bring relief to those affected by Hurricane Harvey in Texas and Louisiana.
Through Septemeber 16th the group has stationed tractor trailer trucks at both Walmart Super Center locations in Lawton, as well as at Cache Road Square at 38 and Cache Road in Lawton. The trailers will be in place to collect items to create care package back packs for those who have lost their homes in the Houston area. The goal is to create 1000 back packs, 500 for women, 500 for men, filled with day-to-day personal care items that many people in the area are going with out as they try to as back-to-normal as possible.
Comanche County Emergency Management is asking residents in Comanche County to purchase these items, as well as back-packs and donate them to the effort. The items needed to fill these can be purchased at all Lawton & Duncan WalMart locations.
- Travel-size toothpaste, deodorant, body wash, shampoo or conditioner
- Combs or brushes
- Wash clothes or hand towels
- Baby Wipes
- Panty liners
- Disposable razors
- Tube socks
- Bug spray
- Pocket flashlights with batteries
- Snack packs such as Peanut butter & crackers, jerky, granola, etc.
Donations are being accepted through Friday, Sept. 15th and on Saturday, Sept. 16th, Life’s Hopes trucks will be at Cache Rd Square and the Walmart locations to be filled and sent on their way to help the relief efforts in Texas and Louisiana. All donations can be dropped off at:
- All Lawton & Duncan WalMart locations
- Comanche County Courthouse Treasurer’s Office
- H.C. King Recreation Center (M-F 11am to 7pm)
- Patterson Recreation Center (M-F 8am to 7pm)
- Owens Recreation Center (M-f 11am to 7pm)
- Great Plains Technology Center
- Center For Creative Living
- Cache Rd Square at the Salt Cellar
If you have any questions about the efforts or about donating please contact the Comanche County Emergency Management team at (580) 355-0535 or Chloe Lewis directly at (580) 351-8788 or by going to Comanche County Emergency Management’s web site or Facebook page.