Official Rules – Comanche Nation Casino Idol 2013
Promotion: Comanche Nation Casino Idol
Event Dates: April 11 – June 29, 2013
Casino Location: The Club and South parking lot for Semifinals and finals
Start Time: 7pm
End Time: TBD
- To populate the casino floor.
- To increase play and excitement on the casino floor during scheduled dates.
- Push guest to the Club area in the south room.
- Drive revenue.
- 1st $5,000 2nd $2,500 3rd $1,000
Promotion Description and Guidelines:
- This promotion will be a partnership with Townsquare Media Company, LLC (KLAW) and will be held in The Club area of the casino.
- Pictures will be allowed in The Club area only and will not include any gaming machines.
- Townsquare Media Company, LLC its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), along with Comanche Nation Casino (“CNC”) will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- Description of Contest/Participation.
- Dates of Contest: The contest will begin April 11, 2013 and run for 9 consecutive Thursdays with a last chance round to be held on Thursday, June 6th, a semi-final round to be held on Saturday, June 15th and the final round on Saturday, June 29th, 2013. Semi-final round and final round will be outside events and held in the parking area south of the casino.
- How to Enter: To enter the competition contestants must submit their completed registration online at www.klaw.com; www.z94.com; or www.my1073fm.com
- Once a completed registration is received, the Company will reply to the contestant via email with details on what date they will be participating and what time they must be at the venue to compete. If a contestant fails to appear on their designated evening, at the designated time, they will be disqualified and will not be able to reenter the competition.
- Weekly competitions will be open to 20 registrations on a first come, first served basis. Any contestants over 20 registrations will be scheduled for another week unless all weeks are full.
- Qualifications: This is an amateur singing competition - Contestants must not have a past or present contract with a recording agency. Contestants may not have an active contract with a talent agency or any other type of agent.
- Rules of Participation: Contestants must bring their own back up music (CD or iPod). This music must be in mp3 format and be playable on a standard CD player. If a contestant provides a CD that does not play in a standard CD player they will be disqualified from that night’s competition.
- Participants must arrive 30 minutes prior to the start time of the competition, 6:30pm.
- Four semi-finalists will be chosen each week by a panel of 3 judges and all decisions of the judges will be final. The four semi-finalists from each week of the competition and two finalists from the last chance round on Thursday, June 6th, 2013 (a total of 34 contestants) will participate in a semi-final round on Saturday, June 15th, 2013. 10 finalists will be selected during the semi-final round and compete in the finals on Saturday, June 29th, 2013. Judges will judge on technical ability, stage presence & professionalism, entertainment value, appearance, difficulty of selection or act and creativity/originality with a point system up to 10.
- If a contestant is not selected for the semi-finals they will have one opportunity to participate in the last chance round to be held on Thursday, June 6th. If a contestant wants to participate in the last chance round they can register for this round starting at 12:00am May 31st up through June 4th for the last chance round on June 6th and their name will go into a drawing and 20 contestants will be drawn for the last chance round.
- Contestants can register a maximum of 1 time throughout the competition. Except for the Last Chance Round.
- Contestants must be prepared to sing an additional song if requested by the judges.
- IF we do not have 20 contestants on a given night, registration will be open on a first come, first served basis to anyone, even previous contestants. Contestants MUST be prepared with their own music or they will not be allowed to register.
- Prize(s). The prize that may be awarded to the eligible winner is: First Place will receive $5,000, 2nd Place will receive $2,500 and 3rd Place will receive $1,000.
- Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents at least 18 years of age. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
- Entry Forms. Entries must be submitted using the online registration form that can be found at www.klaw.com; www.my1073fm.com; or www.z94.com . Entries must be completed in their entirety. Any registration that is submitted with missing information will be disqualified. Duplicate registrations will be disqualified.
- Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. No purchase necessary to participate or win. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Written copies of these rules are available during normal business hours at the business offices of the Station(s) and by mail upon written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned.
- Must be 18 years or older to participate.
- Must be a member of the C Club.
- Winners are responsible for the payment of any and all applicable taxes.
- All winnings six hundred dollars ($600) or more will be documented on a Prize Information Sheet (CC-001). All winnings less than six hundred dollars ($600) will be documented on a Small Prize Information Sheet (CC-016).
- May not be eligible if not playing with own C Club Card.
- In the event a winning guest requests payment by check or cannot produce proper information to claim their prize, an Unclaimed Prize Information Sheet (cc-002) will be filed.
- A copy of these rules and any changes will be available at the C Club and at the Townsquare Media business offices located at 626 SW D Avenue, Lawton, OK
- If for any reason the promotion is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cases within or beyond the control of the Comanche Nation Casinos which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the casino reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- By participating in this promotion, participants agree to the rules.
- This promotion is subject to all applicable federal and tribal laws including gaming, and all aspects of the promotion are subject to the approval of appropriate regulatory authorities.
- By participating in said promotion, participants agree to allow Comanche Nation Casinos & Townsquare Media unconditional use of their name, voice, and/or likeness for promotions/advertising and announcements without compensation, consideration, notice, review or consent.
- By accepting prizes, winners agree that Comanche Nation Casinos, Townsquare Media, affiliates and agents, will have no liability and will be held harmless by winners for any liability, loss, injury or damage to property or to person, due in part or in whole, indirectly or directly, by reason of the acceptance possession, use or misuse of the prizes or participation in this promotion.
- Comanche Nation Casinos and Townsquare Media reserves the right to cancel or modify this promotion at any time without notice, subject to applicable regulatory notification and approval, provided that such modification shall not, as of date of such modification, materially alter or change any participant’s prize already awarded. Notice of any such modification is sufficient if posted at the C Club.
- Comanche Nation Casinos, Townsquare Media, any employee of its gaming establishments, and any partners or affiliates are not liable for injuries or losses arising or resulting from participation in the promotion and are not liable for any acts or omissions by employees, whether negligent or willful, in the conduct of the promotion and are not liable in the event of any equipment or software malfunction.
- Employee of any Comanche Nation Casino, Townsquare Media, their immediate household members (including all persons residing at their residence), and others who are not permitted under applicable law to participate, are prohibited from participation in this promotion and forfeit any winning.
- Employees of any Comanche Nation Casino, Townsquare Media, and others, who are deemed ineligible by the Comanche Nation Gaming Ordinance, are not eligible to participate.
- Comanche Nation Casinos and Townsquare Media may disqualify any player for any prize based on fraud, dishonesty, misconduct and/or violation of promotions rules.
- Any dispute or situation not covered by above rules will be resolved by casino management in a manner deemed by them to be fair to all contestants and under applicable Tribal laws.
- All decisions regarding the interpretation of rules, eligibility, etc. for this promotion lie solely with management of the Comanche Nation Casinos whose decisions are final.
- All other house rules apply.
All applicable rules and regulations regarding an approved promotion shall be displayed in full public view in the form of a poster or rules brochure. Copies of the rules and regulations will be maintained by the property’s Marketing Department. (Pg. 7; Ops Man. 5.3a/b Marketing-Promotional Proposals)