Contest Name: “Call of Duty: MW3 (Modern Warfare 3) Tournament”
Station(s): KLAW, KZCD, KVRW
Station(s) Address(es): 626 D Avenue, Lawton, OK 73501
Townsquare Media Company, LLC its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct the Tournament substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. Description of Tournament(Contest)/Participation.
A. Dates of Tournament: The Tournament will begin on 6/16/12 and end on our about 6/17/12.
B. How to Enter: Register as a team of 4 or as an individual by going to the events section on the stations websites. www.z94.com; www.klaw.com or www.my1073fm.com Contestants may also register on site as long as space permits starting at 11am day of. All decision of the judges are final.
2. Prize(s). The prizes that may be awarded to the eligible winners are: TEAM: 1st place $500 cash, 2nd place $250 cash and 3rd place 4 – $25 gift cards to Game King in Lawton. INDIVIDUAL: 1st place $100 cash and $100 gift card to Game King in Lawton, 2nd Place receives Modern Warefare 3 & $50 gift card to Sears or Rains and 3rd place $50 gift card to Sears or Rains. If a winner is disqualified, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. Prizes will not be awarded on site. All prize winners must fill out “winner” paperwork at the radio station studios located at 626 SW D Avenue in Lawton. Cash prize fulfillment will be awarded in check form and may take up to 30 days.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents as determined by the Company. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
4. Entry Forms. Register online or on site.
5. Publicity; Privacy. By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
6. Release. By participating, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
7. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from a station will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
8. Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
9. Miscellaneous. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. No purchase necessary to participate or win. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. The Company may substitute prizes of equivalent value, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. Written copies of these rules are available during normal business hours at the business offices of the Station(s) and by mail upon written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned.
- Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the Unites States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.