Ghost Unveil ‘Dance Macabre’ With Celeb-Filled Instagram Stories, Plus News on Jonathan Davis, Def Leppard + More
- Ghost will debut a new song in full called "Dance Macabre" tomorrow (May 18), but you can hear the track in consecutive snippets while watching some of the band's peers hearing the song for the first time via Ghost's Instagram stories. Sister Imperator, Chris Jericho, Kirk Hammett, Charlie Benante, Mike McKenna, Aleister Black, Jessica Pimentel, Chino Moreno, Josh Barnett, Bethany Cosentino, Phil Anselmo, Young Sister Imperator and M. Shadows are among those checking out the song.
- Jonathan Davis will soon release his Black Labyrinth solo album, but don't expect him to stop with just one disc. Speaking with the U.K.'s Ticketmaster, Davis revealed, "As soon as I'm finished with the [next] Korn record, I'm going to start pulling this together. I'm going to do the cycle with Korn, and once that's done, I'll do a Jonathan Davis record. I'm just going to keep flip-flopping. It's so much fun. I've got a lot to give the world. I know I've been doing it for a long time, but I've still got a lot inside me."
- During a chat with 106.7 The Eagle, Def Leppard's Joe Elliott revealed that the band has begun thinking about their next studio album. While he has Down N' Outz, Phil Collen has Delta Deep and Vivian Campbell has Last in Line who will all be working on new music, Elliott stated that he envisions they'll start working on after their summer touring.
- Soilwork have checked in from the studio with a new update. Singer Bjorn "Speed" Strid says, “The recording sessions for this album have been different from anything we’ve done before. Everyone’s been very involved in the whole process, and we’ve allowed ourselves to experiment more and take more chances sonically. Our drummer Bastian Thusgaard, who hasn’t recorded with us previously, brought another dimension to our sound, and he made the rest of us step up our game as well. And working with producer Thomas ”Plec” Johansson (The Panic Room) has been a real pleasure. Even though we’ve been through a lot over the past years, we feel more like a unit than we’ve done for a long time. We, as a band, are far from done exploring our creative and musical abilities and We want to bring back Soilwork to the masses. Our fans around the globe can expect that promise to get fulfilled when Our touring cycle starts in promotion of our coming album."
- Living Colour's Corey Glover and Lynch Mob's George Lynch have teamed up with drummer Chris Moore and bassist Pancho Tomaselli to form the new band Ultraphonix. The band's debut disc, Original Human Music, is due Aug. 3, with the video "Walk Run Crawl" available to check out here. Pre-orders are available here.
- As It Is have unleashed a new single and video for "The Wounded World" to coincide with the announcement that their next album The Great Depression will arrive on Aug. 10. Watch the video here.
- Death will be reissuing three of their classic albums in deluxe vinyl form on July 20. Leprosy, Individual Thought Patterns and The Sound of Perseverance are celebrating their 30th, 25th and 20th anniversaries respectively and you can get your pre-orders in here.
- Candlebox's Kevin Martin is teaming up with Markus Muller-Stack to launch G4L Records. Martin's role in the new company will be to help discover and sign emerging bands. To Whom It May is the first band signed to the label. Learn more about the label here.