Hear Fu Manchu’s Epic Track With Alex Lifeson, Plus News on Smashing Pumpkins, Chickenfoot + More
- Fu Manchu have released their epic new song "Il Mostro Atomico" through Rolling Stone. The 18-plus minute track features a guest appearance by Rush's Alex Lifeson and it's featured on their new Clone of the Universe album, which arrives in stores tomorrow (Feb. 9).
- While there has been plenty of talk of new music from Billy Corgan (and likely under the Smashing Pumpkins moniker), the musician has revealed he's spent his final day in Los Angeles recording the effort, which is believed to be a double album. Corgan's final studio shots include him playing a mellotron as well as a production board with the channels labeled by band member names and instruments, but sorry, no clues here as bass is still listed as "bass."
- Will we see more music from Chickenfoot? During a recent chat on 101 WRIF FM, guitarist Joe Satriani revealed that he, Chad Smith and Michael Anthony are all interested and trying to convince Sammy Hagar to join them. "I think he wants to do it, but he's too busy having a good time with all his other stuff," said Satriani. "So we just have to go in there and [write down] in his date book that he's got some sessions ahead of him. So maybe this summer. It looks like all of us are gonna have a little time this summer, so we're gonna try to see if we can get in the studio then."
- Speaking of new music, Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament revealed during a chat with Rolling Stone that he'll be releasing his latest solo album, Heaven/Hell, in mid-March ahead of the band's world tour.
- Though Jonathan Davis is hitting the road solo this summer, he will have a familiar face behind the kit as Korn drummer Ray Luzier will be joining him on the run. Luzier confirmed his spot in Davis' solo band, while adding that he's also on the singer's album. "You guys are gonna trip out on how great this album is," said Luzier in his posting.
- Chris Cornell is among the stellar cast of musicians on the upcoming Johnny Cash: Forever Words album, which now carries an April 6 street date. Recorded primarily at the Cash Cabin Studio in Tennessee, the disc primarily features music derived from the late singer's poetry and lyrics. Cornell appears on a song called "You Never Knew My Mind." Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson, Jamey Johnson, Brad Paisley, Elvis Costello, Jewel, Alison Krauss and more also appear on the disc. Watch a video trailer here and get pre-order info here.
- Kobra and the Lotus vocalist Kobra Paige reveals in a new Facebook posting that she has been given "the big A-OK" that her battle with Lyme Disease is coming to an end. The singer spoke in depth in a post about what this means to her and revealed that both the Prevail I album and the follow-up Prevail II were made during a period where she was suffering from chronic sore throat, fatigue and muscle and joint pain. Prevail II will arrive on April 27.
- You can circle April 20 on the calendar for TesseracT's latest album, Sonder. The band's fourth album will be released by Kscope, and it includes the brand new song "Luminary" that you can check out right here.
- Will Haven have set a March 23 street date for their sixth full length album Muerte. The disc, which is their first for minus HEAD Records, includes the song "El Sol," that you can hear right here. The track was co-written and features a guest appearance by Deftones guitarist Stephen Carpenter.
- Kreator's Coma of the Souls and Renewal will be released on colored vinyl on March 2, while the band's Cause for Conflict and Outcast albums will follow, also on colored vinyl, on March 9. All of the titles are available for pre-order right here.
- Record label Nuclear Blast is getting in business with Phantom Carriage to create a new craft beer brew. "Black Beast" Black India Pale lager will be available in limited edition 16 oz. cans this March at this location, while also being available at the Phantom Carriage Taproom in Carson, Calif.
Loudwire Rock News