Maynard James Keenan Working With Puscifer Too, Plus News on Queens of the Stone Age, Behemoth + More
- While A Perfect Circle have the Eat the Elephant album due April 20 and it now appears as though Tool will be recording their next album in March, Maynard James Keenan has also started work with Puscifer on new music, according to a new posting on the band's Instagram account.
- Queens of the Stone Age welcomed Villains producer Mark Ronson to the stage with them during their weekend show at The Forum in Los Angeles. Ronson joined in the encore performances of "The Vampyre of Time and Memory," "Un-Reborn Again," a cover of Elton John's "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" and the rarely performed "Broken Box." See fan-shot footage of "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" here.
- Behemoth's Nergal has called in a group of young kids for backing on some music for the band's next album. "I would love to thank all the kids for the passion they delivered and all their parents for such a liberal upbringing," says the singer. Watch footage here.
- The Melvins have released the first new song from their upcoming Pinkus Abortion Technician album. Take a listen to "Stop Moving to Florida," which is a blend of The James Gang's "Stop" with Butthole Surfers' "Moving to Florida," right here. The album is due April 20. Pre-orders are available here.
- Turbowolf have unleashed a new lyric video for their song "Domino." Watch the eye-catching clip here. The song also features a guest turn from Royal Blood's Mike Kerr. The song is featured on The Free Life album, due March 9.
- The Ultimate Jam Night community in Los Angeles recently lost one of their own, and will be staging a benefit this Tuesday (Feb. 20) for Ronald Broadnax, a longtime member of the Whisky a go go security staff. Broadnax was shot and killed as the unintended victim of a shooting outside his home this past week. The family has set up a GoFundMe page to help with the funeral and other expenses. dUg Pinnick, Dio Disciples' Joe Retta and Simon Wright, Monte Pittman, Sean McNabb, Bulletboys' Marq Torien, Crazy Town, The Chimpz and many more will be taking part. Stay up to date on the additions at the Ultimate Jam Night Facebook page.
- Gerard Way's love of comics has carried over to a new line of DC Collectible Batman: Black and White statues. These new statues come from a storyline Way once sketched out but has yet to see the light of day. Get more info here.