A Hard Cherry Limeade Is the Oklahoma Drink of the Summer
This past weekend I spent every day out in my backyard getting ready for summer. A majority of that time was cleaning out the pool. And let me tell you... that is not a fun job. It's gross and tedious. But what got me through was thinking about floating in my pool with a cool drink in my hand, and I think I've found THE drink for an Oklahoma summer.
Floating in a pool is my happy place. I can spend a whole afternoon just relaxing in my floaty - I don't know how anyone couldn't! A great addition to an afternoon in the pool is a cool, relaxing drink. As we all know, the cherry limeade is a signature drink in Oklahoma. Sonic and Braum's both serve up some delicious cherry limeades.
But I recently came across a TikTok of a bartender making a hard cherry limeade and I knew I had to share. It sounds so delicious and refreshing, perfect for an Oklahoma summer!
Here's how to make a hard cherry limeade!
TikTok user @mayahodgins14 is a bartender that shares all kinds of yummy drink recipes. She recently shared her recipe for a hard cherry limeade and I'm so glad she did!
What you need:
- Fresh, pitted cherries
- Simple syrup
- Deep Eddy's Lime
- Soda water OR lemon lime soda
Put it all together:
- Get a glass and add the cherries, lime and simply syrup
- Mash all that together to "get the juices flowing"
- Add in the ice
- Pour in some Deep Eddy's Lime
- Dump everything into a cocktail shaker and shake it all up!
- Strain that cherry limeade goodness into a glass
- Top off with soda water or lemon lime soda for a sweeter drink
Watch the video below!
@mayahodgins14 Y’all u gotta try #bartender#booze#fyp#mixeddrinks#recipe#foryou ♬ original sound - Mymy