Wire-to-Wire: News Briefs on Thousand Foot Krutch, Volbeat, SOiL, Gojira + More
In addition to the big stories we covered today, here are some other rock and metal news items from July 10, 2017:
- Thousand Foot Krutch are planning to release a new live album. The 12-track Untraveled Roads album was recorded during the band's "Winter Jam Tour Spectacular" and will be released worldwide on Sept. 15. More details here.
- Volbeat were recently joined onstage by Power Trip's Riley Gale during a show in Biloxi, Miss. Gale took on most of the verses for "Evelyn" with Volbeat's Michael Poulsen handling the chorus. Watch footage from the show here.
- SOiL will issue Scream: The Essentials, a greatest hits collection, on Sept. 15. Aside from the hits, you'll also find Blues Brothers and Soundgarden covers and a guest turn by the late Wayne Static.
- Gojira's proposed Sea Shepherd benefit EP has been derailed by a hard drive failure. However, Mario Duplantier tells Mulatschag that the band is still working on the collection, which initially featured Devin Townsend, Max Cavalera and others.
- Billy Idol, Steve Stevens, Jerry Cantrell, Nancy Wilson, Billy Morrison, Steven Adler, Mike Inez and more have contributed items for an auction being held to benefit the Rock Against MS Foundation. Head here to see what's available and to make a bid.
- As if Arcadea's music wasn't trippy enough, the band now has an intriguing visual to go along with their song "Through the Eyes of Pisces." Watch the new video, directed and with animation from the band's Core Atoms, right here.
Watch Today's Loudwire 360 News Video