The Title of ‘Avengers 4’ Is an ‘Infinity War’ Spoiler
Over this past weekend, Cinema Blend ran an interview with Marvel Studios decision-maker Kevin Feige. As per usual, the man was exceedingly tight-lipped about the future of his beloved superhero playthings, but even his obfuscating non-answers contained the tiny seedling of a revelation within them. While getting grilled about the fate of the Avengers franchise, its third entry of Infinity War slated for 2018, Feige let slip that there was a good reason that the already-scheduled fourth installment has no subtitle as of yet. Though the film was originally planned as the second half of Infinity War, the two projects were recently split into their own individual spheres, and Feige doesn’t want the fourth installment’s full title coming out because apparently it contains a spoiler.
To be specific, he responded with “Yeah, for sure” when asked about it. Powerful words with which to open the speculative floodgates! It would appear that the very title of Avengers 4 will acknowledge a major turn of plot from Avengers: Infinity War (that’s just logic; no way that the movie’s title would act as a spoiler for itself), so without further ado, let the guessing games begin:
- Avengers: West Coast
- Avengers: The Kree-Skull War
- Avengers: Operation Galactic Storm
- Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet
- Avengers: Sorry For Turning Thor Into a Frog
- Avengers: Nazi Captain America Launches the Thoughtpiece Deluge to Rule Them All
- Avengers: M.O.D.O.K. Is the Bad Guy in This One
- Avengers: The Sublimated Incestuous Sexual Tension Between Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver Is Going Somewhere
- Avengers: Iron Man’s Armor Is Different Colors Now
- The way I see it, it’s gotta be one of the above. Feige, text me and let me know what’s up. I can keep it on the DL.